Just in case the internet convinced you that eating Keto was boring, I’d like to introduce the ultimate Keto burger! The combination of sausage and beef is definitely a treat for those who are meat lovers as well as those who love a little southern spice.
The secret to this burger is not only the ingredients of the actual burger itself, but the proper sautéing of the mushrooms and peppers. If you’re not very familiar with sautéing vegetables, we promise you that it’s one of the simplest processes to learn, yet it will give your future meals a whole new edge!
1lb 85/15 ground beef
¼ spicy sausage
¼ chill n grill spice blend (provide affiliate amazon link)
¼ c shredded cheddar
Thin sliced jalapeños
Sautéed red onions
Thin cheese slices
Spinach + spring mix
Egg over easy
1) Start with mixing your patty ingredients together and form 3 ⅓ lb patties. Set aside.
2) Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
2) Cook your bacon in a pan, making sure to save the excess grease to saute vegetables.
3) Saute your mushrooms and red onions in the same pan, allowing them to soak in the excess grease. Set aside on a plate once translucent and soft. Leave grease for next step.
4) Place your burgers on the grill and cook for five to seven minutes on each side. When cooked to desired amount, add cheese to top of burgers until melted (usually only 1 or 2 minutes).
5) Once you have flipped your burgers, start to heat your pan back up to begin cooking your eggs over easy. If not enough grease is covering the bottom of the pan, try adding olive or avocado oil to make sure egg does not stick to pan.
6) Slice your tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeños then set aside.
7) Stack burger with ingredients like so:
spring mix on the bottom
burger patty with cheese
mushrooms, onions, jalapeños and tomatoes
top with avocado and egg
This is truly a fully decked burger that you will want to recreate again and again. Who did you share this meal with and what did they think? Share with us in the comments below!