If you are a busy working professional like me, you know that cooking after coming home from a long day can feel like a second job. When it comes to having a good meal ready, especially when it comes to weeknight dinners, the key is to knowing your recipe and having the ingredients pre-chopped the night before. With your ingredients prepared, making dinner will feel like a breeze and you will have confidence in the meals you’re creating!
For this recipe, chopping the ingredients on your prep day will make this an incredibly easy meal to whip up on a weekend night and perfect for the summer barbecue months.
2 cups cubed pineapple
1 lb cubed chicken breast or tofu
1 red bell pepper large pieces
1/2 red onion large chopped pieces
1. If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water to prevent them from cooking on the grill.
2. Rough chop all your proteins and vegetables, but thick enough that they stick on skewers.
3. Alternate a chunk of pineapple, chicken, bell pepper, and onion until the skewer is full. Continue until you have used all your ingredients. (For extra pieces, place on aluminum foil and wrap completely to cook on the grill.)
4. Heat your grill to medium and let warm.
5. When ready grill for 8-12 minutes, rotating the skewers about every 5 minutes.
6. Eat off the stick or slide off onto a plate and enjoy!
Tip: We always make a few extra for our lunch the next day, this recipes saves really well. Add spinach, shredded kale, and a few cherry tomatoes to make an easy salad.
Do you have a favorite side that you like to pair with this dish? Let us know in the comments!