Typically, I am a pretty big fan of fried rice, but the usual dish has limited nutritional value and can actually be hard on the body. I wanted to create something that had just as much flavor, but with fresh ingredients, and would leave my body feeling light and satisfied.
That is when I began experimenting with the cauliflower fried rice recipe. The greatest part of this recipe is that there is no heavy feeling after eating a bowl, since the body has a much easier time digesting. This dish is also perfect for meal prep and can be easily paired with other dishes throughout the week such as shrimp, chicken, or tofu.
3 eggs whisked
2 tablespoons butter
2 diced medium carrots
1 diced yellow onion
3/4 c frozen peas
4 cloves garlic minced
5 cups cauliflower rice raw cauliflower diced
3 tbsp green onions sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. In a sauté pan, melt 1 tbsp butter and soft scramble whisked eggs. Set aside (your eggs should be cooked just beyond runny, not allowing them to become too dry.)
2. Melt the additional tbsp of butter into the same saute pan, then add the carrots, onions, and peas to cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
3. In the same pan, add the cauliflower rice and cook for 5-8 minutes on medium.
4. Add soy sauce and sesame oil to the pan and toss the vegetables.
5. Add eggs, green onions, and sesame seeds to the vegetables. Stir and heat for 2 more minutes then serve.
What dish did you pair this meal with? Tell us in the comments below!