If you love take out food, but don’t want the post take-out bloating, you will love this recipe! It’s perfect to share with a significant other, or your favorite friend who’s always in the mood for Chinese food.
I honestly would have never thought that egg roles might be so simple until I began making this version. This recipe is ideal for those that love the taste of egg rolls, but want to stick to a healthier option. My goal with this recipe was to keep it simple as possible, while turning this traditional recipe into a paleo eater’s dream! With only thirty minutes to prep and cook, this may be your favorite go-to dish for a healthy dinner option.
For a perfect pairing dish, check out our cauliflower fried rice, a healthy alternative to traditional fried rice.
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
6 cups Cabbage
1 cup Carrots
3 cloves Garlic
1/2 tsp fresh Ginger
3 tbsp diced Green onions
Baking & Spices
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp Sesame seeds, Toasted
1 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
Oils & Vinegars
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Sesame oil,
2 tbsp Coconut aminos
1. Shred cabbage and carrots, mince garlic and ginger, and dice green onions.
2. Saute ground meat in a large saute pan, add salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and chili pepper flakes.
3. Add cabbage, carrots, garlic ginger, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut aminos to pan.
4. Saute on medium for 10-14 minutes, check for the texture of your cabbage. Make sure that vegetables are soft and meat is thoroughly cooked.
5. Serve and enjoy with chopsticks for an extra challenge!
How did you like this meal? Share in the comments below!