Updated: Jan 12
We love egg roll in our house, but my stomach does not...nor does my body the next day from the food hangover I get. So I decided we are going to make it health...naturally.
As you may know, we are also HUGE fans of bowls in our house...when my wife reads this she will roll her eyes, she HATES bowls. lol So until she decides to cook regularly and anything besides mac n cheese....we will keep eating bowls.
This recipe is ideal for those that love the taste of egg rolls, but want to stick to a healthier option. My goal with this recipe was to keep it simple as possible, while turning this traditional recipe into a paleo eater’s dream! With only thirty minutes to prep and cook, this may be your favorite go-to dish for a healthy dinner option. This recipe also makes for perfect meal prep!
1 lb. Ground turkey or pork
3 cups Purple cabbage
3 cups Green cabbage
1 cup Shredded carrots
3 cloves Minced garlic
1/2 tsp Fresh grated ginger
3 tbsp Diced green onions
Baking & Spices
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Granulated garlic
1 tsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
Oils & Vinegars
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Sesame oil,
2 tbsp Coconut aminos
1. Shred cabbage and carrots, mince garlic and ginger, and dice green onions.
2. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large saute pan.
2. Add ground meat to the saute pan and cook thoroughly, breaking up the ground meat as you cook. Then add salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and chili pepper flakes.
3. Add cabbage, carrots, garlic ginger, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, and coconut aminos to pan.
4. Saute on medium for 10-14 minutes, check for the texture of your cabbage. Make sure that vegetables are soft.
5. Serve and enjoy with chopsticks for an extra challenge!