For the peanut sauce:
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 lime)
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tbsp monk fruit sweetner
1/2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic paste
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
For the bowls:
1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
1 3/4 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
2 tbsp sliced fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Lime wedges, for serving
1. Add all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a mason jar, seal with a lid nice and tight...shake, shake, shake until the sauce is fully combined!
2. Heat quinoa and water in a sauce pan, cover with a lid and let cook for 12-15 minutes, set aside and allow to cool.
3. In a sauté pan heat a tbsp of olive oil on medium heat and add chicken plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes stirring constantly until chicken is fully cooked, set aside.
4. While quinoa and chicken cook I like to start chopping and slicing my vegetables:
chop cilantro and mint
5. Assembly time, start with a layer of quinoa, top it with all of your veggies, then nestle in a serving of chicken and sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Strategically place your lime for a perfect photo opp.