We love this recipe, crisp buttery herbed skin and moist turkey breast...literally can't get much better than this. This recipe works for whole turkeys and turkey breast, if you are doing a whole turkey be sure to double the recipe as well as adjust the cook time!
1 bone-in, skin-on turkey breast (about 5 - 7 lbs)
8 garlic cloves (minced)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 Tbsp rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
1/2 tsp dry thyme (finely ground)
1/2 tsp black pepper (finely ground)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 orange sliced
1/2 c bone broth
1 tsp kosher salt
***Preheat oven to 325*F
1. In a microwaveable bowl add butter, rosemary, thyme, pepper, and salt.
2. Cook for 15 seconds, take out of the microwave and mix. The butter should be soft but not liquified.
3. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, while you prep the turkey.
4. Pull the skin up from the turkey breast to allow for butter herb mixture to get slathered.
5. Take the herb butter and smother the turkey breast, place the turkey into a roasting pan.
6. Place the sliced oranges in the rib cage of the turkey.
7. Using the additional tsp of salt, season the turkey skin.
8. Bake for 40 minutes, baste the skin, bake for an additional 40 minutes, baste the skin, bake for 40 minutes and check the temperature(we are aiming for 165*), then bast e again!
9. Based on the results of the temperature reading, bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, baste again.
10. Once your turkey reaches 165* F internal temperature then take out of the oven to rest for 20 minutes before you serve.