Updated: Nov 17, 2021
Prep the bacon, mince the garlic and trim the green beans the night before to ensure the quickest time possible for this side dish! The salty bacon, sweetness from the roasted garlic, and peppery bite from the black pepper make this dish a perfect side for a turkey or prime rib. This recipe won for the vegetable dishes at our last Thanksgiving!
2 cups of fresh green beans
4 slices of bacon-chopped
2 cloves of garlic-minced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1. Boil green beans in sauce pan for 15 minutes.
2. In a large sauté pan add bacon and cook until crispy.
3. Drain green beans and leave in the sauce pan.
4. Take out bacon and chopped into small pieces.
5. In the bacon grease add the garlic and cook until fragrant(2 minutes).
6. Pour 2 tbsp of the bacon grease into the sauce pan, add bacon, salt and pepper.
7. Mix well and serve!