Are you making this for a major holiday feast? Make this the night before so you don't have to worry about battling for oven room!
1 Cup Almond flour
1/2 Cup Tapioca starch
3 Tbsp Coconut flour (21g)
2 Tbsp Monkfruit Sweetener
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
5 Tbsp Cold butter, cut into tiny pieces
1 Egg yolk
***Preheat oven to 375*F.
1. Dice your butter into tiny pieces and leave in the freezer until ready to use.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Take off all your rings and bracelets, wash your hands and get ready to mix the butter in. We tried and paddle mixer and it did not give us the results we needed. You want the mixture to be crumbly.
4. Add in your egg yolk and mix thoroughly, this part seems to be tough as the egg yolk slightly marbleizes into the dough. We worked the dough with both hands to make sure that there were no yellow streaks through out it.
5. Pop into the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
6. Using parchment paper (2 pieces) roll out the dough into a 9 inch circle for your pie tin.
7. Dough will be crumbly as you try to place into the tin, we had to do a bit of touch up when we placed it. Don't worry, it still came out amazing!
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, do not under bake the crust be sure to get an even golden brown coloring.
9. Allow to cool completely then feel free to fill with delicious filling.